Return to CCU Home Page

About the Library

About the Cincinnati Christian University Library

The G. M. Elliott Library is named in honor of George Mark Elliott. Professor Elliott began his teaching career in 1937. He taught theology, apologetics, and the Bible. He served as chairman of the library committee. His love for the Lord was apparent to all who sat under him. During his long career, Prof. Elliott amassed a fine collection of books, which was donated to the library after his death in 1981.

The library itself was housed for many years on the third floor of Old Main, a building that was also the home for the campus bookstore, classrooms, and professors’ offices. The building was not air conditioned and had no elevator. Students who used the library studied in cramped and uncomfortable surroundings. When the Crouch Building was erected in 1968, the library moved into its present location. Students formed long lines as they carried books from one building to the other. Now the students were able to study in comfort in a library that had plenty of room to grow.

The library’s collection has grown considerably since it moved into its present location. It has grown from about 17,000 volumes in 1968 to about 100,000 by the end of the century. In addition, the library now has over 17,000 audiovisuals, almost 50,000 microforms, over 75,000 music scores (located in Presidents Hall), and many thousands of titles accessible by computer. As a result, the library is looking forward to the fulfillment of the dream to expand the current library facilities.

If you have questions, please feel free to contact the library at library@CCUniversity.edu or 513-244-8680.



Cincinnati Christian University | 2700 Glenway Ave | Cincinnati, OH 45204-3200
513.244.8100 or 1.800.949.4228
Copyright 2009 Cincinnati Christian University