The CCU Library welcomes donations of books and other materials pertinent to the educational programs of the university.
Please read the following guidelines as you consider your decision to donate materials:
1. The CCU Library welcomes donations of new or gently used books, periodicals, and/or videos. Print materials should be free of dirt, mold, and mildew, or other problems.
2. The donor relinquishes all rights of ownership of any materials donated to the library.
3. Library administration asks that donors not place restrictions on donated materials regarding their use or circulation.
4. Materials can be donated to the library in memory or in honor of someone. The donor should contact the library director for further details.
5. The library will only add to its permanent collection those materials that are suitable for meeting the information needs of CCU faculty and students. All donated materials will be evaluated by the library director in light of the library's current collection development policy. Any donated materials not added to the CCU Library's collections will be made available to CCU students, employees, or other people who may benefit from the materials such as ministers or missionaries.
6. Upon request from the donor, the CCU Library can provide a letter to the donor that officially acknowledges the receipt of the donation. Donors who wish to receive a letter of receipt should request the letter at the time of the donation.
7. Due to IRS regulations, the CCU Library cannot offer appraisals of donated items. Donors who want an appraisal for tax purposes should obtain one from a qualified appraiser prior to donating the materials to the library.
8. Those who have questions about donating materials to the library should contact the library by phone or email. The library's contact information is on the right-hand side of this page.
Monday and Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
To see a full schedule of library hours throughout the year, including special hours during breaks and holidays, click here.