CCU Library is a member of a statewide collaborative organization known as OhioLINK. Students and employees of CCU may request to borrow books and other materials from the collections of other OhioLINK member libraries. OhioLINK maintains a catalog that allows users to search the holdings of all OhioLINK libraries.
The OhioLINK catalog may be searched in two different ways. First, patrons may directly search the OhioLINK library catalog at: http://olc1.ohiolink.edu/search
Alternatively, patrons may first search the CCU Library catalog. If a book or other item is unavailable from the CCU Library, patrons may click on the "Search OhioLINK" button at the top of the search results screen to automatically transfer the search to the OhioLINK catalog.
Steps for Requesting Items
- To request items for OhioLINK, your library account must be active and you must have a CCU ID card with a barcode number connected to your library account. If you aren't sure you have a library account or have other questions, please contact the library service desk: 513-244-8680 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- To borrow a copy of a book or other item from the OhioLINK catalog, click on the "Request" button.
- From the pull-down menu, choose "Cinc Christian" as your home institution.
- Type in your name and your barcode number. (The barcode number is on the back of your CCU ID card.)
- If you wish to select another location besides the CCU Library as your pickup location, just use the pull-down menus to select another library as your delivery and pick-up location.
- If the request is submitted successfully, you will receive a confirmation message on the screen. If the request is not successful, please contact the library service desk for assistance.
- Once the request is submitted, you may select "Start Over" to try another search in the OhioLINK catalog, or you may close your browser to exit OhioLINK.
- Items requested through OhioLINK typically take 2-3 business days to arrive. You can log in to your library account to track the shipment and delivery status of your item.
- Once the item you requested arrives in the library, you will be notified by email. You may then come to the library service desk to check out the item.
- Requested items will be held at the service desk up to 7 days for pick-up. If the item is not picked up after 7 days, it will be returned to the owning library.
- When you are finished with the item, return it to the CCU Library.