Use CCU Library's collection of research databases to search by keyword for articles from journals and magazines.
Academic Search Complete is a multi-disciplinary database that searches for articles in a wide range of subject areas. This database may be a good place to get started if you are unsure which database to search.
CCU Library also provides many databases in specific subject areas such as biblical studies, theological studies, ministries, business, education, psychology, history, science, English, and cultural studies. Click on the link below to access the database search page. Use the "Subject" pull-down menu to select a topic and view a list of available databases.
To find articles in a particular journal or magazine publication, use the CCU LIbrary's Full-Text Finder:
1. Type in the title of the journal or magazine you are seeking.
2. If the periodical you are searching for is available full-text in one of the library's databases, you will see a link to the database. Click on the link.
3. Once you are inside the database, you can search for articles by keyword within the issues of the periodical you selected.
If you have located an article in a database, but the full text of the article isn't available along with the citation, then there are a couple of ways you may be able to get a copy of the article.
1. First, a copy of the article may be available form the CCU Library's collection of print journals and magazines. Contact the library service desk and a library employee will help you determine if the article you need is available in the print collection.
2. If the article you need is not available in the CCU Library's print collection, then you may contact the library and request an interlibrary loan. Library staff will contact another library that owns a copy, and the owning library will supply a copy (usually a PDF file) the CCU Library can then send to you for your own personal use. You can request an ILL copy by using the link that appears with article citations in many of the databases the library provides. The link is entitled, "Request This Item through CCU Interlibrary Loan Service." Alternatively, you may request a copy of an article via interlibrary loan by sending a copy of the citation to the CCU Library in an email: email@example.com
Monday and Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
To see a full schedule of library hours throughout the year, including special hours during breaks and holidays, click here.